No doubt YouTube is one of the most popular video sharing website that makes it the best for providing free of cost video content in the wide range of categories whether it is education, entertainment, music, news, gaming, sports, automotive, or technology. You name it, and you will find it on YouTube.
However, YouTube provides every content uploaded with an option to restrict their videos in specific region or location due to various reasons like possible copyright issues or potential violations of the national laws of that region. This way, the uploader could protect their account from any concerns that may arouse due to the content included in the video.
And when you try to access that geo restricted video, you will see a message that says, “The uploader has not made this video available in your country,” or “The content is not available in your country due to a legal complaint from the government,” or “This video is not available in your country.”
Whatever the error message you come across, all of these represents that the video you are trying to watch is geo restricted. But don’t worry, here we have found some workarounds that will allow you to unblock YouTube Geo restriction and watch the Geo restricted YouTube videos without any trouble.
How To Watch Geo Restricted Videos On YouTube
Mentioned below are some of the working methods that you can use to spoof your original identity on the Internet and easily watch geo restricted videos on YouTube.
Method #01 – Download Geo Restricted YouTube Videos
Yes, you can actually download Geo restricted YouTube videos on your computer using particular web based applications and then enjoy the content whenever you want later. This also gives you permanent access to the video, as it will be stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Downloading YouTube videos is one of the best-known methods to unblock Geo restriction imposed by the video uploader. And the reason why this method works is that the web application makes use of their own servers to fetch and download the video.
There are several third party YouTube video downloaders available on the Internet, but we have pointed some of the most popular ones below.
- Dirpy – Dirpy is an advanced real-time Internet Digital Video Recorder (DVR) service that provides you with an ability to download YouTube videos as well as to convert that video to the MP3 audio file format. All you need to do is enter the URL of the Geo restricted YouTube video and click on the “Dirpy” button, and you will be redirected to the Dirpy Studio for downloading.
- KeepVid – KeepVid is one of the most popular video downloader websites that has been serving users for quite a while now. It is an undeniably free web application service that lets you download Geo restricted YouTube videos on your computer. Because KeepVid uses their own servers to access and download videos, which is why you will be able to gain access to the YouTube videos that are geo restricted.
- VideoGrabby – Similar to Dirpy, VideoGrabby offers identical service in order to provide you with YouTube video and audio downloading functionality. And in this case, you can use this web application to download Geo restricted YouTube videos without any limitation of any kind. The simplified user interface cuts out all the hard-to-understand options and gives you a one-click capability to download videos and audios.
Method #02 – Using Web Browser Extensions
If downloading is not your cup of tea or if you are looking for some other alternative methods to watch Geo restricted videos on YouTube then these web browser extension based proxies and VPNs will probably the best bet to get past that YouTube Geo restriction error message,
There are a handful of web browser extensions, which will help you in watching Geo restricted YouTube videos without you needing to have any knowledge about any sort of VPN or proxies. Moreover, most of these extensions are fully compatible with the popular web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Opera browsers.
- Browse VPN – Browser provides you a complete online freedom in just a single click so that you can access any website without any restriction, completely encrypts your data traffic while keeping your privacy intact when you are surfing on the Internet. And because this VPN web browser extension has the ability to spoof your identity and unblock websites with easy to select server locations, which is the reason why it can be used to unblock YouTube Geo restriction too.
- ZenMate VPN – ZenMate is a widespread VPN application available in various forms for web browsers, mobile devices, as well as desktop software. However, ZenMate VPN web browser extension is one of the easiest ways to get past the blocked or geo restricted YouTube video content as it provides you easy access to the ZenMate control panel and you can easily change the server settings too. Apart from unblocking websites, this VPN application protects your privacy with its powerful proxy encryption.
- ProxMate – ProxMate is one of a kind VPN service provider that has maintained its quality of service without compromising and it is the same reason why thousands of people still opt for their VPN service. They have a number of servers in different countries, which allow its users to easily access and browse those websites that are specifically geo restricted. And because it is open source, which makes their service transparent and in-turn wins the user’s trustworthiness.
- Dot VPN – Dot VPN, similar to Browser VPN web browser extension, provides an easy to use and straightforward user interface, which allows you to unblock any website with just a simple click of a button. Dot VPN have over 700 servers located all around the world so that it can serve you with the most powerful VPN at any given time. And zero limitation on the bandwidth usage is what makes it the most suitable VPN application to unblock geo restricted videos on YouTube.